When Kyle Ramsvig was a teenager, she found out that nearly all of the girls in the senior class of her small, private high school were either in therapy or on anti-depressants — all of them had thought they were broken, but none of them were talking about it with each other because they were ashamed.
In this inaugural interview with a “normal person,” Rachel talks to Kyle (one of her clients) about why we’re so afraid of our feelings and how to live a happy, fulfilled life in a world that often makes us feel wrong for being human.
We talked about:
- Why millennials being told that they’re “special” may have backfired
- How almost everything you feel is normal, and why none of it makes you a freak
- How you can experience all that life has to offer — the high-highs, low-lows, and the vast amounts of mediocrity in between — and be happier than you’ve ever been
- Why so many of us pour ourselves into trying to find an identity through our careers, why that never works, and what actually DOES work instead
- How to be content with life even when you don’t have a “title” or ton of career direction
FREE WORKSHOP ON 4/27/18
If you enjoy any of our current episodes and decide to subscribe, rate, and review before Tuesday, April 24, then we’d love to invite you to a FREE online workshop and Q&A session we’re doing about Passion Profiles on Friday, April 27 at 1pm Eastern.
To get access, take a screenshot of your review and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll send you a link to register for the workshop! There WILL be a replay for those of you who register but can’t make it live.
- Take the Passion Profile Quiz: clarityonfire.com/quiz
- Send us screenshots of your review at: [email protected]
- Rachel’s Blog: “For the love of God, stop asking people, ‘So what do you do?’”