For those of you who don’t want or need to read the longer story, here’s the BLUF (Bottom Line Up Front):
- We’re having a free online workshop next Tuesday, September 19th, at 1pm Eastern.
- It’s called How to find your passion (when you’re overwhelmed and tired of trying to figure it out).
- RSVP for the workshop here.
And for those of you who like the longer version, keep reading!
We’ve said it before, and we’ll say it again:
It’s really annoying when people say things to you like, “Just follow your passion and everything will be fine!”
*Eyeroll.* Yeah, thanks for the really helpful advice! I’ll get right on that.
The whole concept of “finding your passion” is heavy and loaded. People tend to treat “passion” like it’s this miraculous, mystical object — something that will solve all of your problems and grant all of your happiness — if only you could find it.
And honestly, that’s a lot of pressure. Not only on you, the person who’s supposed to do the finding, but also on your passion itself to provide so much fulfillment.
Do you know what happens when people feel that kind of pressure? We tend to shut down, go into avoidance mode, and stay rooted in our day-to-day grind. We get too overwhelmed to do anything.
If passion is that critical to your happiness and fulfillment … then it feels like you can’t mess up. You’ve got to get it right. Which spurs all sorts of fears:
- It’s hard to start because where would I even begin?
- Is there any “one way” to go about finding passion? What if there are multiple ways?
- And if there are multiple ways, which way is right for me?
- Is there a process to this whole thing? Steps to be taking? How do I know what they are or if I’m taking the “right” steps?
- What if I never find my passion?? … What if I do find it? What’s my life going to look like then?
- What if I don’t even have a passion?!
Cue instant overwhelm.
At this point, it might not be better to shut down and avoid the whole issue … but it certainly feels easier than trying to answer those HUGE questions on your own.
WE DON’T THINK “PASSION” HAS TO BE SO HARD
This whole “helping people find their passion” thing? It’s what we do.
And we don’t just think — we know — that it doesn’t have to be as hard, confusing, and overwhelming as it feels.
We’re going to demystify the whole “finding your passion” thing, and we want you to be there. We’re going to share:
- The 3 big pieces you need (and probably don’t know) to find your passion.
- How you can instantly dial back the pressure and confusion you feel about what you should be doing.
- How to have career and a whole life that feels fulfilling, because one without the other makes no sense.
- … as well as plenty of personal stories, client stories, and golden nuggets of wisdom.
THIS IS THE KIND OF THING THAT’S BEST TO BE AT LIVE
Here’s why we want you to be there in real time:
- Because people who actually “show up” — at events, and in life in general — are the ones who always find success. Seriously, just showing up makes a huge statement about your dedication and what you’re willing to do to make changes.
- The replay will only be around for 3 days. We’re both guilty of registering for events, getting the replay … and never listening. So we’re nixing the opportunity to do that. If you want to listen in, you’ve only got a small window to do so.
- Because it’s fun to be a rebel. Yeah, it’s during the workday for most of you. So close the office door. Go out to lunch. Pop in your headphones and just listen; no watching required. A little rebellion, especially when you’ve been feeling stuck, can be a very good thing.
If you know for certain you can’t be there live, that’s cool. Just RSVP, anyway. You will get a replay emailed to you … but you’ll only have 3 days to tune in before it’s gone.
We’re really looking forward to seeing who shows up. It’s always fun to hang out with you live, on video … it’s something we rarely do with this many people.
Breathe a sigh of relief, because this doesn’t have to be so hard. We’re excited to show you how.
See you soon,
Rachel & Kristen