Making friends in college was easy. How could you NOT, when you’re in a bubble with people your own age that you have so much in common with? But eventually that bubble bursts. We enter the “real world” and find that it’s HARD to make authentic, genuine connections as an adult. We live in a world that’s as connected as we’ve ever been, while simultaneously feeling as lonely and DISCONNECTED as we’ve ever felt.
Neither of us are great at making friends (introvert problems), so for our inaugural interview with an expert we brought on one of our favorite extroverts and certified coaches, Carolyn Birsky, to help us get to the root of how to find your tribe — be they friends, colleagues, or ANYONE we want to build a meaningful, fulfilling relationship with.
On this episode we talk about:
- Why letting your guard down and being vulnerable is the prerequisite to finding your tribe
- How to ask someone on a “friend date”
- How to stay connected with friends when you start to drift apart
- When to “break up” with a friend, and when to try harder
- Where to go to find likeminded people and strategies for staying in touch once you’ve met a potential tribe member
- How to navigate your way around the awkwardness of networking and small talk
FREE WORKSHOP ON 4/27/18
If you enjoy any of our current episodes and decide to subscribe, rate, and review before Tuesday, April 24, then we’d love to invite you to a FREE online workshop and Q&A session we’re doing about Passion Profiles on Friday, April 27 at 1pm Eastern.
To get access, take a screenshot of your review and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll send you a link to register for the workshop! There WILL be a replay for those of you who register but can’t make it live.
- Take the Passion Profile Quiz: clarityonfire.com/quiz
- Send us screenshots of your review at: [email protected]
- Rachel’s Blog: “For the love of God, stop asking people, ‘So what do you do?’”
- Carolyn’s Blog: “Making friends as an adult”