Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
All of us know at least one blatant, dare we say egregious, people-pleaser. Maybe it’s your mom, or your best friend, or your boss … or maybe it’s you.
But we’ve noticed a pattern lately, and we think you need to be clued into it: Some of the worst offenders when it comes to people-pleasing don’t realize they’re people-pleasers!
In fact, we’ve had clients who vehemently denied being a people-pleaser — they insist they don’t care what people think — only to be a bit shellshocked after we demonstrated just how perfectly they fit the mold.
In this Magic 8-Ball episode we’re sharing a classic from last summer: The 3 types of people pleasers (& why you might unknowingly be one). We talked about:
- Our definition of people-pleasing, so we’re all on the same page.
- The 3 types of people-pleasers: One is obvious, two are far less conspicuous, but all are equally problematic.
- The first steps you should take, regardless of which type you are, to free yourself of this affliction.
After you’ve listened, leave a comment below to let us know which type of people-pleaser you most identify with!
GET ON THE VIP LIST FOR OUR NEW PEOPLE PLEASING COURSE!
Getting Over People Pleasing will be open for enrollment on Tuesday, August 20th!
- We’re not setting a limit on the number of people who can enroll (BUT, if there start to be too many people we’ll cap it, so enroll early if you can).
- You can pay in one or two installments.
- You can add on a single coaching session (something we don’t normally offer) at checkout for a reduced rate!
- The last day to enroll is Friday, August 28th, and we officially get started on Monday, August 31st. But as soon as you enroll there’s an intro lesson and multiple workbook assignments to get the ball rolling!
- The course will run for 4 weeks. We’ll release one new lesson each week, and at the end of the course we’ll host a live Zoom call to celebrate and wrap things up!
- There’s going to be a private forum where participants can connect, shares their stories, and get their questions answered directly by us.
- You can probably expect to commit 2-ish hours a week to this course. A small part of that time will be watching videos, and the rest will be diving into workbook assignments, as well as sharing in the forum if you want to.
- You have forever access to this course! That means whenever we run it again, you can join in if you choose. You could also enroll now, but do the content at your own pace, if this month isn’t a good time but you don’t want to miss out.