Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
If you’d told me (Kristen) ten years ago that I’d be doing an infomercial FOR anger — as in, fully in support of and happily endorsing the expression of anger — I would’ve said you clearly have the wrong person.
You see, as a lifelong people pleaser with a huge aversion to conflict of all kind, I prided myself on rarely (if ever) getting angry. I’m embarrassed to admit I even got on my high horse about it, and I’d judge people who would (gasp) express their anger outwardly. Clearly they were just less evolved than me.
Yikes. How very wrong I was. I did feel anger (because I am, you know, human), but because I was so uncomfortable expressing it, it would leak out in gross, unhealthy ways (in my case, obnoxious passive aggressiveness).
So over the years, I’ve changed my tune. I still don’t love anger — mine, or anyone else’s — but I clearly see its value and have learned healthy ways to express it.
In this month’s brand-new Side Chat, we’re making a case for why it’s OK (necessary, even!) to feel angry, along with healthy ways to let it out — complete with demonstrations! We got into…
- Why most of us (especially people pleasers) are so uncomfortable with anger.
- What anger is really about, and the important messages it can give us.
- Specific ways you can express your anger — and we don’t stop at explanations … we show you how! We LITERALLY screamed and ranted and stomped our feet.
- Why it’s important to get comfortable with your own anger, before you express it to others.
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share your favorite method for releasing anger. We’re always open to new ways of processing emotions!
GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING IS BACK! ENROLLMENT OPENS TODAY
Learning to express anger (and ALL your feelings) in a healthy way is only one facet of what we teach you in our course, Getting Over People Pleasing, which is open for enrollment TODAY through Friday, August 28th!
- We’re not setting a limit on the number of people who can enroll (BUT, if there start to be too many people we’ll cap it, so enroll early if you can).
- You can pay in one or two installments.
- You can add on a single coaching session (something we don’t normally offer) at checkout for a reduced rate!
- The last day to enroll is Friday, August 28th, and we officially get started on Monday, August 31st. But as soon as you enroll there’s an intro lesson and multiple workbook assignments to get the ball rolling!
- The course will run for 4 weeks. We’ll release one new lesson each week, and at the end of the course we’ll host a live Zoom call to celebrate and wrap things up!
- There’s going to be a private forum where participants can connect, shares their stories, and get their questions answered directly by us.
- You can probably expect to commit 2-ish hours a week to this course. A small part of that time will be watching videos, and the rest will be diving into workbook assignments, as well as sharing in the forum if you want to.
- You have forever access to this course! That means whenever we run it again, you can join in if you choose. You could also enroll now, but do the content at your own pace, if this month isn’t a good time but you don’t want to miss out.