Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Calling all fellow bookworms, library nerds, and general lovers of literature — it’s time for another book club episode of the podcast!
Whenever there are five Fridays in a month, we devote the extra Friday to a book that we can’t get enough of. In this episode we’re diving into Atlas of the Heart by the one and only Brené Brown.
You’re going to love this book, and this conversation, if you value emotional intelligence and want to learn how to help yourself — and everyone around you — become more fluent at expressing thoughts and feelings.
Listen in as we dive into…
- The eyebrow-raising stats about just how emotionally unaware most people are.
- Why things like rejection and failure feel so uncomfortable, and how to lessen the pain.
- How choosing the right words to describe how you feel actually changes those feelings.
- The difference between stress and overwhelm, and how to cure them.
- New ways of seeing common experiences like jealousy, envy, resentment, hope, and belonging that will totally change your perception.
There’s a reason Brené is the best at what she does! This is SUCH an interesting book (and 5-part special on HBO, if reading isn’t your style). After you listen, leave a comment below to share how this conversation resonated with you!
WANT TO WORK WITH US 1:1?
There comes a point where you’re ready to stop hoping things will change and start knowing they will.
You’re probably very clear about what you don’t want out of your life and career, but know you need to dive a whole lot deeper into what you do want. You might be a little nervous about the prospect of massive change … but at this point in your life, you deeply understand that the only real risk is not changing.
If you want individual attention, someone to hold you accountable, and the benefit of our substantial experience focused solely on you, then we’ve got good news:
We’ll be accepting applications for new coaching clients starting on Friday, May 6! We officially open doors for new clients just a few times per year, so if now feels like the right time, get ready!
- We have space for about 10 clients.
- This is for people interested in getting started in May or June.
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- Explore this page to get a clear idea of what to expect, so you’re ready to apply when the time comes!