Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
There’s not much worse than wanting your life and relationships to change — to deeply thrive — and not seeing or understanding why you can’t seem to get there.
One of the silent causes behind SO many relationship woes (romantic, of course, but ALL of them, including the ones you have at work and with work) is your attachment style.
Never heard of it? Well, you need to! And we happen to have the person to teach you all about it.
On this month’s interview with an expert, we talked to therapist Shira Myrow about the nuances of attachment. Listen in as we explore…
- What exactly attachment is, and how to tell if your style is healthy or unhealthy,
- Examples of how to identify unhealthy attachment in your life and relationships,
- Ways to regulate and overcome the unhealthy patterns that keep you stuck,
- Some surprising facts about how the brain works that had us reeling!
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how Shira’s take on attachment resonated with you!
MORE ABOUT SHIRA
Shira is a mindfulness-based psychotherapist and relationship expert who is deeply committed to helping people heal from traumatic experiences and turning dysfunctional relationships into secure ones.
Shira’s hybrid approach includes the Gottman Method and Emotionally Focused Therapy which focuses on empowering couples and individuals to learn how to attune with their emotions, unhook from perpetual conflict patterns and create a clear road map for resilient relationships. Shira also has a special focus on treating attachment disorders for adult children of severely mentally ill parents.
Shira is also a writer, podcast host, educator and speaker. She has been a Ted X speaker and TED Women Leadership presenter and has been a featured writer in Goop and a guest on multiple outlets and publications.
GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING — COMING AUGUST 5!
A four-week course for people-pleasers, perfectionists, and anyone who wants to stop caring so much about what others think.
Get on the VIP list for more info when we open enrollment for Getting Over People Pleasing on August 5th!
- We haven’t run this course in 2 years, and we have no idea if/when we will again. So consider it a one-time thing!
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get short weekly video lessons and workbook prompts.
- There will be a forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.
If you haven’t joined our VIP list yet, please do! There will be goodies for people who are on that list when we launch the course.