Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
The last few months of 2018 were pretty monumental for Marina. The turning point was in October when she went to a retreat with 300 other women hosted by powerhouse inspirational couple Glennon Doyle and Abby Wambach.
She returned from the retreat having witnessed real-deal true love, which solidified the realization that her partnership wasn’t that and it was time to end things.
But how do you break up in a more evolved, conscious way? Is it even possible? Rachel and Marina talked about…
- How she knew it was time to end her romantic relationship, and what you may need to ask yourself if you’re in a similar position.
- Why she and her ex decided to keep going to therapy and continue living together, post-breakup.
- How to respond to the people in your life who may not understand your relationship choices.
- The uncomfortable experience she had being one of only a handful of women of color at the personal development retreat.
- How she bravely voiced her discomfort — and got a very unexpected response from the event’s leaders — and the ripple effect she’s produced.
After you’ve listened, leave a comment below to let us know how Marina’s wisdom resonated with you.
GET ON THE PPVE VIP LIST!
Our twice-yearly online group coaching program, the Passion Plan Virtual Experience, is going to be opening for enrollment on Monday, January 28!
It’s a 5-ish week course (with a mix of pre-recorded videos, workbook assignments, and live Google hangouts with the two of us) that helps you figure out what to do with your life. Think of it as the “AP Life” class you should have taken in high school, but never got the chance!
If you’re on the VIP list, you’ll be the first to know about our early-bird pricing and the handful of free coaching sessions we’re going to be giving away!
We’re only taking 50 people in this round, and enrollment is first-come, first-served. If you want in, you’ll definitely want to be on this list.
RESOURCES MARINA MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
Resources for unpacking racism and white supremacy:
Resources for relationships:
Find a therapist (there’s even a filter for Gottman Method!)
One other amazing human she mentioned:
Aaron Rose (“who benefits from this belief?”)