Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or YouTube.
I (Rachel) may have grown up watching my brother play football and seeing college and NFL games on TV every weekend for months on end, but 95% of it didn’t sink in. I’d always rather be reading a book. Sorry, family!
But you know what I do love? Friday Night Lights. You don’t have to love football to be heart-eyed for Matt Saracen and Tim Riggins, and to want to model your entire romantic relationship off of Coach and Tami Taylor (are Kristen and I the platonic Coach and Tami?? Discuss). It’s a near-perfect show that pulls at your heartstrings and makes you believe in the underdog.
And maybe it’s because it’s fall, and therefore football season, or maybe it’s because we’ve only got a few months left in what’s been a wild year (to say the least), but to me it feels like we’re collectively the underdog right now — it’s the fourth quarter, time is ticking, and it would be easy to give up.
This is when Coach Taylor would remind us: “Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.”
As in, play your heart out, kid. Be big and bold and brave because as long as you’re doing it for the love of the game, there’s no such thing as a loss.
And naturally, because it’s TV, they’d turn it around and win. And you’d cheer and cry, because you’re only human (and also a bit of a sucker).
Life isn’t Friday Night Lights, but because Kristen and I are still coaches (albeit not of the football variety), I feel compelled to remind you: 2020 is still anyone’s game. A lot can change in a couple of months … haven’t we learned that already this year?
What you decide to do with the rest of the year is up to you. But there’s still time to leave it all on the field — to be big and bold and brave. Clear eyes, full hearts, can’t lose.
Consider today’s special episode of the podcast a team huddle. Bring it in, because we’re giving you a much-needed pep talk!
And if you need a (life) coach in the fourth quarter (of the year), then read on.
1:1 COACHING ENROLLMENT IS OPEN NOW!
We’re accepting sign-up forms for new clients starting today, Tuesday, October 6 through Friday, October 16! A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We’ll be taking on about 15 people in this new wave.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (within the next 4-6 weeks).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- You have the option of 2 or 6 months of coaching, though we’ll prioritize people who want to do 6 months.
- This is our last coaching enrollment of the year! If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.