Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or YouTube.
Where were you on New Year’s Eve 2019? Or, more to the point, what were you thinking about and planning on for the new year (and decade) ahead?
Because we’re pretty sure you didn’t plan on … whatever 2020 turned out to be, globally or personally. And it ain’t over yet.
If there’s a lesson to be taken from the supreme weirdness of this year, it might be the futility of trying to predict what’s going to happen. That sounds depressing, but we don’t mean it like that.
In this month’s brand-new Side Chat, we’re challenging you all to something we’ve decided to do (and have encouraged all of our clients to do, too): Set aside LITERALLY ALL of your expectations for the rest of the year.
Your financial situation? No expectations! Your relationship status? No expectations! Your moving plans? No expectations! Your career goals? No expectations!
We made a good case for why you should get on board. We talked about …
- What counts as an “expectation,” and what doesn’t.
- Why having NO preconceived notion of what’s “supposed” to happen almost always opens up space for something better than you could have imagined.
- Examples of things we, and our clients, are going to stop expecting for the rest of the year.
- How to handle the fear and vulnerability of letting go of your expectations.
Leave a comment after you’ve listened to share what expectations you’re letting go of for the rest of this year!
SERIOUS ABOUT SOME 1-ON-1 COACHING?
One-on-one coaching will be open for enrollment again on Tuesday, October 6! A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We’ll be taking on about 15 people in this new wave.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (within the next 4-6 weeks).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- This is our last coaching enrollment of the year! If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.