Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Full transparency, one of our biggest pet peeves is when people hear the “career” part of “life & career coaches” and assume we help people scour job boards and edit their résumés.
There’s nothing wrong with that — it’s just not what we do.
If you’ve found us, you may very well want a new job. You might find yourself pursuing job boards and staring at your résumé, wondering how to polish it so that you can be noticed by a company with an awesome work culture.
But those aren’t the steps that come first. You can’t find career fulfillment if you have no idea who you are, what you want, or how to even recognize the right thing if it showed up. That’s our bread and butter.
So, thank goodness for AJ Mizes, who actually loves all the stuff that we don’t! On this month’s interview with an expert, AJ and Rachel got into…
- How 88% of people get hired these days (…newsflash, it’s not sending endless online applications).
- Job searching and interviewing in a time of COVID — what’s changed, and a few things you probably haven’t thought of yet.
- Questions to ask in an interview to help you identify whether an employer is going to be healthy or toxic.
- Red and green flags to look out for in a potential boss.
- The one thing you absolutely MUST be doing if you want to stand out and get hired for a dream job.
We learned SO much from AJ in just an hour — you’re going to get a lot out of this, too. After you listen, leave a comment below to share which of his strategies you’re going to implement!
MORE ABOUT AJ
A.J. is a talent and human potential aficionado with over a decade of experience within Career Coaching and Human Resources, and has been featured in NBC, CBS, FOX, The International Business Times, and Yahoo! News. He is currently CEO of The Human Reach, a human potential institute guiding high-achieving professionals to land their dream careers in record time, and coaching Silicon Valley leaders to be thoughtful, effective leaders. His most previous role was as a Facebook Global HR Leader. He has supported global teams of over 3,000 people and launched many innovative leadership programs that are still in full swing at Facebook today.
Follow him on Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
1:1 COACHING IS COMING BACK!
One-on-one coaching will be open for enrollment again on Friday, May 14! A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We’ll be taking on about 10-15 people in this new wave.
- This is for people interested in getting started in May or June.
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.
If you’re seriously considering coaching, check out this page for all the details so you know what to expect!
We’ve got a LOT happening in our Patreon community this month! Join our $6/month “Flame” tier for access to…
Monthly community meetups on Zoom. Our next one is happening on Sunday, April 25, from 2:00-3:30pm EST. And we’re bringing on an expert for you! Fellow community member Francisca will guide us into expanding and exploring our breath with a 90-minute Conscious Connection breathwork practice to clear energy and release tension.
This meetup will be 90 minutes so that we have plenty of space for breathwork and social connection, before and after the main event.
Quarterly Zooms with Krachel! Our first one is happening on Wednesday, May 12 at 1pm EST. Unlike community meetups, this will be recorded. So, if you’re a Flame tier member, you can enjoy the replay if you aren’t able to attend live! More to come on this one closer to the day of, though we’re planning on doing an “ask us anything” themed session for our inaugural event!
Our private Discord Server, which is a space for our community to chat every day and connect! Sharing our feelings, recommending books and podcasts, talking about career and life challenges–it’s all happening on Discord.
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel
AJ’s tips were so insightful. This was a really great podcast, and I will definitely be listening again and taking full notes. Thanks for having him on.
He’s brilliant, right? So glad you enjoyed this one and got a lot out of it!