Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
One of the many jobs that I, Rachel, had in the years after graduating college was admin at a criminal defense law firm.
I encountered a whole new level of humanity in the year I worked there. I had two convicted murderers compliment me on the quality of my work … which I was not at all sure how to take, ha!
Without getting into the gross details (because you really don’t want to hear what happened), one of those murderers was appealing his case because the officer who discovered the body of the victim had done so without a proper warrant.
In legal terms, even though it was beyond evident that he was guilty, the discovery of the body was fruit of the poisonous tree: AKA, if the source of the evidence is tainted (obtained illegally), then anything gained (the “fruit”) from it is tainted, too.
Moving on from the macabre … this metaphor has more than just legal implications. It’s the perfect way to describe what’s going on in our brains, too.
On this episode, we’re getting into:
- How one seemingly innocuous incident can completely change the way you see yourself and create “poisonous fruit” that you carry with you for a lifetime.
- The “trees” in our own lives that got poisoned, and the ripple effect that had on us for decades.
- How to undo the poisoning and set yourself free from years of beliefs and patterns that have kept you stuck.
After you’ve listened, leave us a comment below to let us know what your “fruit of the poisonous tree” is, and how you intend to un-poison it!
JOIN THE 1-ON-1 COACHING WAIT LIST
Interested in the possibility of 1-on-1 coaching? Not sure you want to wait until the next time we “officially” take on clients (later in the fall)? Reach out by adding your name to the wait list, and we’ll let you know what our availability looks like.
GET ON THE VIP LIST FOR OUR NEW PEOPLE PLEASING COURSE!
Getting Over People Pleasing will be open for enrollment on Tuesday, August 20th!
- This course will NOT be available 24/7. Right now, consider it a one-time thing. We may end up offering it again at some point, but likely not for another year.
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get weekly video lessons and workbook prompts.
- There will be a private forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.