Ever felt like you’re a ghost wandering the halls of your workplace?
Sure, you’re physically there, but the REAL YOU is nowhere to be found. You’re mentally checked out, emotionally drained, and showing up as a watered-down, hollow version of yourself.
In this month’s interview with a normal person, Kristen is chatting with Lana Jackson, who was all too familiar with that feeling.
After years of feeling like a ghost of her real self, trapped by a boring, soul-sucking job, she decided it was time to get clear on what she *really* wanted out of her life and career. Now she’s a budding entrepreneur and personal stylist helping women express themselves from the inside out.
She shares the whole journey with us, in this interview.
On this episode we talk about:
- The heartache of feeling lost, directionless, and inauthentic.
- The 3 questions Lana asked herself to figure out exactly what she wanted to do career-wise.
- Lana’s advice for staying sane while balancing a full-time job and a side hustle.
- Why making time for silence is the most productive thing you can do.
- Style tips for women who want to feel more empowered and confident (and just generally in life).
MORE ABOUT LANA
The Storied Life (TSML) is a lifestyle media and e-commerce site that provides an exclusive, behind-the-story look into luxury and adjacent brands in fashion, beauty, food, and culture. TSL’s editorial articles and interviews feature a tight curation of brands that values storytelling, craftsmanship, design, and creativity. TSL is co-founded by Lana Jackson and her sister Jilene, whose culturally curious, story-driven, and fashion-forward voice seeks to restore the humanity in retail.
Lana Jackson is an experienced wardrobe stylist, with three degrees in Fashion Design, Product Development, and Art History. Lana is committed to supporting women-owned enterprises as she is a mid-stage investor in woman-owned media brand Darling and former fashion contributor for Verily Magazine. While building The Storied Life, she successfully launched and maintained her personal styling and image consulting firm, Narrative Personal Styling. She currently resides in Washington, D.C.
THINGS LANA MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
SERIOUS ABOUT SOME 1-ON-1 COACHING?
One-on-one coaching will be open for enrollment this Friday, June 19 (and will go through Tuesday, June 30)! A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We’ll be taking on about 15, max 20 people in this new wave.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (within the next 4-6 weeks).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- Our last coaching enrollment of the year will probably be in October. If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.