Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
If you have no idea what you want to do with your life and career, well, you’ve come to the right place.
Our specialty is helping you go from stuck, overwhelmed, and confused to clear, confident, and full of direction and fulfillment.
But once you have that direction, you might need help with the technical details — especially if what you want next is a new job.
That’s where our friend Emily Liou takes over! Her specialty is helping people actually find and get a great job, even when they don’t have all the skills, experience, education, or go-to network.
We brought Emily back (for a third time!) because for the last 6 months we’ve been collecting a bunch of questions from listeners about job searching and career pivoting, and we just knew she’d have really good answers for them.
So, listen in as Emily and the two of us answer questions like…
- Where’s the line between spinning and being honest in a job interview?
- How can someone increase their salary without having to take on a leadership role or a bunch of extra responsibilities?
- I know what I like and don’t like in my current job, but I don’t know what job title to pivot to based on that!
- How do I search for new jobs/careers based on my skills rather than by job title?
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how this one resonated with you!
MORE ABOUT EMILY
Emily Liou is a career happiness coach and job search expert at CultiVitae who helps professionals make wildly successful career transitions – even when they don’t have all the skills, experience, education, or go-to network. As a former recruiter and HR professional for Fortune 500 Companies and Silicon Valley startups, she knows exactly what allows professionals to stand out, get visible, and get hired. Emily strongly believes life is too short to not wake up happy on Mondays and has been featured as LinkedIn’s Top 10 Voices to follow in Career & Job Searching for 2022. As the creator of her ultimate job search course, Happily Hired Formula, Emily not only provides the strategies to make any career transition possible but also coaches them through building a positive self-image to go after their biggest dreams.
Check out her free masterclass training: How to land your dream job with more income and impact … without applying online and wasting time
Follow her on Instagram @cultivitae
NEED TO GET CLEAR ON YOUR DIRECTION
That’s exactly what our style of coaching is for!
It takes YEARS (if not decades) of doubt, confusion, and untapped potential and transforms it into confidence, clarity, and fulfillment … in a matter of months.
If now is the right time for you to figure out where you’re going with your life and career (and then have someone help you actually DO IT), then we’re here to remind you that we’re taking on clients NOW!
- Instead of taking on clients whenever, we accept applications a few times per year, in waves.
- We’re only taking on about 10 people this time! If you’re seriously considering 1:1 coaching, fill out the “sign me up” form on this page and one of us will be in touch to talk about it.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (in September/October).
- We’re offering both 3-month and 6-months options. We’ll walk you through the difference when we have an intro call with you.
- You don’t have to be 100% certain that this is right for you — but serious enough to want to discuss it.
Fill out the application here and one of us will be in touch ASAP to schedule a chat with you!
We’re excited to work with some of you more officially!
Sites Emily mentioned in this interview are: O*NET Online and Bankrate
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel