Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
There’s a time and place for more grounded, astute, in-depth reflections about life and what to do about your problems (that’s what blogs and, you know, every other episode of this podcast are for). But sometimes you just need a good, righteous rant. It’s cathartic!
So, every once in a while, instead of writing a new blog or republishing an old one, I’m going to spend a few minutes getting fired up about something, in the hopes that I’ll get you fired up, too, and maybe even snap you out of whatever daze you’ve found yourself in.
Today I’m ranting about the fact that, no duh, life is hard, people! And you deserve a lot more credit for maneuvering through the difficulty than you’re giving yourself. I got into…
- Why you’re allowed to be appalled by the amount of work you have to do to be a functioning human.
- Why feeling bad about “first world problems” isn’t necessary.
- Some major signs that our society is NOT handling the pressure and expectations of a modern work/life very well.
- Why you should give yourself permission to take it easier and be just a tad nicer to yourself.
- And, just for fun, which Downton Abbey characters Kristen and I are most like (spoilers for Downton Abbey, I guess? … but seriously, I cannot understand you if you haven’t watched this show).
After you’ve listened, leave a comment to let me know what you think of this installment of Rachel Rants, and what you might like me to rant about next!