Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Do you ever feel a little bit crazy? Like you’re alone in a crowd of people who don’t FEEL things as deeply as you do? Maybe sometimes you find yourself wondering, “Am I broken? Why is life so much easier for these people?” If so, you’re likely a Highly Sensitive Person.
Being highly sensitive is an awesome gift. It means you’re probably extra creative, intuitive, and capable of being deeply moved by the small things in life. But here’s the problem: We don’t live in a world that places a high value on those things. So what do we do when the world wants to tell us we’re broken? That the very traits that make us awesome are also what people believe need fixing?
On this episode we talk about:
- How to tell if you’re a Highly Sensitive Person (we run through a list of attributes and give you guidance on where to take a self-assessment).
- Why the most highly sensitive people are always the most genius artists and creatives, too.
- Why HSPs are VERY likely to get diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and other disorders.
- How to let yourself feel all the things without shutting down or going crazy.
- The most critical things you can do to protect and take care of yourself so that you can have the best of both worlds — getting to be sensitive without feeling crazy, anxious, or overwhelmed.
FREE WORKSHOP ON 4/27/18
If you enjoy any of our current episodes and decide to subscribe, rate, and review before Tuesday, April 24, then we’d love to invite you to a FREE online workshop and Q&A session we’re doing about Passion Profiles on Friday, April 27, at 1pm Eastern.
To get access, take a screenshot of your review and email it to us at [email protected]. We’ll send you a link to register for the workshop! There WILL be a replay for those of you who register but can’t make it live.
- The Highly Sensitive Person by Elaine N. Aron
- Tears to Triumph by Marianne Williamson
- Take the Passion Profile Quiz
- Send us screenshots of your review at: [email protected]
- Elaine Aron’s tests for sensitivity
- Submit your question for the May episode of Dear Krachel