Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
Everyone is, or has been, in denial many times over the course of their life. And if you think this episode won’t apply to you, think again! You may be in denial about being in denial. Meta.
Denial isn’t inherently bad or wrong, though it’s understandable if you’ve thought so. It’s actually a pretty normal form of self-protection — sometimes it’s just too hard to face something, or you’ve got too many other layers to peel back before you can get to the deeper heart of the issue.
But people often don’t move through those layers of self-revelation. They get stuck (heads buried in the sand, naturally) in denial, which then wreaks havoc on their life. The truth always wants to get out, and sometimes we end up doing an elaborate dance to keep the truth stuffed down.
So, how do we know for sure that we’re in denial? And how do we actually look at something that we’ve been unwilling to see, often for a very long time?
In this brand-new side chat we’re getting into 7 signs that you’re in denial, which include…
- Making excuses for people and rationalizing things to yourself.
- Fixating on why other people are to blame (so you don’t have to look at your own responsibility).
- Distracting yourself with work, plans, Netflix, your phone, etc., so that you don’t have time to think or feel.
- And more that you’ll have to tune in to hear!
After you’ve listened, leave a comment below to let us know if (gulp) you’ve been in denial and what variety has been your go-to.
SERIOUS ABOUT SOME 1-ON-1 COACHING?
One-on-one coaching will be open for enrollment again in early October! A few pointers to keep in mind before then:
- Instead of taking on clients whenever, we now take them on few times per year, in waves. This next one will be happening in early October.
- We’re taking on about 20-25 people!
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (October or early November).
- We WILL have coaching spots open up in the months after that, before we take on the next “official” wave of clients. So if you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.