Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
A trend we’ve noticed with almost every people-pleaser we’ve coached (or anyone who cares too much about what others think) is that they have a really hard time knowing who they are and what they want.
It makes sense. When you’ve spent your whole life looking outward — “What will make these people happy?” “Who do I need to be to be liked, loved and accepted?” — then there’s no space to go inward and consider who you are and what you want. And sadly, often you’ve been actively discouraged from asking those questions at all. You’re told it’s “selfish.”
You can probably relate, and so can Rachael Tomasello. In this month’s brand-new interview with a normal person, Rachel and Rachael got into…
- How Rachael spent a decade in a career that wasn’t aligned with her because it was what she was “supposed” to do.
- How she had to seriously tone down her natural personality and interests around her family, for fear of being judged and rejected.
- The challenges that popped up when she made a 180 pivot in her career toward something way more suited to her.
- Her guidance about how to take feedback, and whose opinions about you and your work matter (and whose don’t).
- How she got comfortable with the idea of allowing herself to scare people, if necessary!
There is SO much to relate to in this one. Leave a comment after you’ve listened to share what resonated with you most!
GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING IS COMING BACK!
Caring too much about what other people think is one of the TOP reasons people struggle to know who they are or what they want out of life. Before you can find direction, it helps to get to the root of one of your deepest blocks!
Our course, Getting Over People Pleasing, will be open for enrollment from Friday, August 21 to Friday, August 28!
- This course will NOT be available 24/7. If we offer it again, it won’t be for another year.
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get weekly video lessons and workbook prompts. We officially get started on Monday, August 31.
- There will be a private forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, resilient, and most importantly—CLEAR.
Join the VIP list so you don’t miss the announcement when it’s open!
GET TEXTS FROM CLARITY ON FIRE!
Want to get weekly texts from us? Sign up here, OR … text your first name followed by your email address (Example: Hermione [email protected]) to 703-783-3223.
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel
Who knew there were so many little farm girls who asked what’s wrong with me and stifled herself to keep her head down, work hard for what everyone else wanted?
This podcast makes me realize I’ve been playing small and working at cross-purposes all my adult life. Wonder what is underneath!
🙏 you, Rachael
So happy to hear that Rachael’s experience resonated so much with you!! 🙂