Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or YouTube.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
A while back, I happened upon a quote as I was scrolling through Instagram that felt like a benevolent smack in the face (if there is such a thing):
“The true joy of life is being used for a purpose recognized by yourself as a mighty one; being thoroughly worn out before you are thrown on the scrap heap; being a force of nature instead of a feverish, selfish little clod of ailments and grievances, complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy.” –George Bernard Shaw
I mean, DAMN. That’s some deep wisdom and a sick burn rolled into one!
I immediately took a screenshot and told Kristen that we MUST talk about this quote on the podcast.
So, on this Magic 8-ball episode originally from August 2018, we’re breaking down this mic-drop moment by George Bernard Shaw and getting into…
- Why your purpose doesn’t need to be impressive or seem purposeful to anyone else.
- How you can be fulfilled without needing to feel like the most significant person in the room.
- Why it’s critical for you to question the common definition of concepts like “success,” “enough,” and “impact.”
- Why living a thoroughly good life is about taking small, daily risks, rather than big, flashy ones.
- How to let go of feeling like a victim to your circumstances (and get off the endless loop of complaining).
After you listen, leave a comment below about this episode! We’d love to hear how this quote, and our breakdown, is resonating with you.
Also, we’ll be sitting down tomorrow to record the October episode of Dear Krachel. So, if you’ve got a burning question that you’d like us to tackle, come ask us here. We’re game to answer just about anything! 🙂
SERIOUS ABOUT SOME 1-ON-1 COACHING?
One-on-one coaching will be open for enrollment again on Tuesday, October 6! A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We’ll be taking on about 15 people in this new wave.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (within the next 4-6 weeks).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- This is our last coaching enrollment of the year! If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.
If you’re seriously considering coaching, check out this page for all the details so you know what to expect!
GET TEXTS FROM CLARITY ON FIRE!
Want to get weekly texts from us? Sign up here, OR … text your first name followed by your email address (Example: Hermione [email protected]) to 703-783-3223.
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel