Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
A little over 10 years ago, Lauren’s life was thrown into total chaos. Her relationship ended in a shocking, dramatic, and heartbreaking way, and she found herself a single mom to four kids, barely getting by while trying to navigate an intense emotional rollercoaster.
In the years since then, she’s gone through multiple stages of redefining herself, first through external factors (her struggle, her titles, and her accomplishments), and later by going inward to figure out who she is at her core, when all the external stuff is stripped away.
Lauren will be the first to tell you that she’s still a work-in-progress (as we all are!), but she’s come a long way in building a life that’s filled with lots more peace, love, support, and faith than she ever thought would be possible for her.
She’s sharing her story and some of the wisdom she’s gained along the way in today’s interview with a normal person. Listen in as Lauren and Kristen talk about…
- How to process the grief, shame, and utter overwhelm that threatens to consume you during a crisis.
- What resilience is really all about (you’re going to love her definition of this), and how to create it within yourself.
- How to build self-worth from the inside and get comfortable within yourself, even without external titles and validation.
- The challenge of going from fiercely independent to inter-dependent, and why relying on people in your life (emotionally, financially, and for basic day-to-day help and support) is a beautiful, generous, and deeply human thing.
- How all identity crisis are, at the end of the day, spiritual crisis. Because you can’t answer questions about meaning and purpose and “What’s the point?” without acknowledging something bigger than yourself.
After you’ve listened, leave a comment below to let us know how Lauren’s wisdom resonated with you.
MORE ABOUT LAUREN
Lauren is a wife, mom, step-mom, daughter, sister, and friend. Of all of her accomplishments, both personally and professionally, these are the aspects of her life she’s most proud of. In her free time, you’ll likely find her reading or researching something. She’s a lifelong learner, and is currently pursuing certification in Christian Counseling. She lives in Northern Virginia with her husband, four children, and a gaggle of pets.