Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Where are all of our bookworms/nerds/fellow Ravenclaws at??
We figure you guys are probably just as obsessed with reading as we are, which is why we’ve got a special BONUS podcast episode for you this week: a book-club-style conversation about one of our very favorite non-fiction books, Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert!
If we were to create a Life Syllabus, this book would be on the reading list FOR SURE. It’s one of those rare books that doesn’t just put a slightly new spin on stuff you’ve heard over and over again, but makes you see SO many facets of life (and especially creativity) through a completely new lens.
We each pulled a few of our favorite parts to talk about, including:
- What the REAL definition of creativity is, and why most of us are totally wrong about it.
- Why being “good” at something is overrated (and irrelevant).
- How to not get caught up in other people’s feedback (negative AND positive) about the work you create.
- Why perfectionism is nothing to brag about (and is actually just fear wrapped in a fancy package).
- The shit sandwich! One of our favorite analogies for deciding if something is worth pursuing.
- How to release the pressure of needing the thing you’re passionate about to pay the bills.
Leave us a comment after you’ve listened and let us know what YOUR favorite part of Big Magic is, and if you haven’t read it yet, what resonated most from this conversation!
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE, YOU SHOULD ALSO LISTEN TO:
- Side Chat: How to figure out what to do with your life
- You can’t cure the human experience with Kyle R.
- Blog: Why watching Netflix is my secret life purpose