Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
There’s a time and place for more grounded, astute, in-depth reflections about life and what to do about your problems (that’s what blogs and, you know, every other episode of this podcast are for). But sometimes you just need a good, righteous rant. It’s cathartic!
So, every once in a while, instead of writing a new blog or republishing an old one, I’m going to spend a few minutes getting fired up about something, in the hopes that I’ll get you fired up, too, and maybe even snap you out of whatever daze you’ve found yourself in.
Today I’m ranting about how obsessed we all are with getting it — every choice, big or small — right, and how screwy a notion that is. I got into…
- Why needing to figure out the “right” answer is like gasoline on an anxiety fire.
- My new favorite word, and why it’s a cure for the “must get it right” mentality.
- An analogy that will help you relax, trust yourself, and start taking your decisions a little less seriously.
After you’ve listened, leave a comment below to let me know what you think of this installment of Rachel Rants, and what you might like me to rant about next!
Rachel (& Kristen)
THE PPVE WILL BE BACK (ONE LAST TIME) NEXT WEEK!
Our online group coaching program, the Passion Plan Virtual Experience, will open for enrollment for the last time EVER next Tuesday, January 21, through January 29 (or when we hit 50 people, whichever comes first).
- It’s a 6-week course that helps you figure out what to do with your life. Think of it as the “AP Life” class you should have taken in high school, but never got the chance!
- The content is a mix of videos, workbook assignments, and interaction with us and the rest of the group in a private forum.
- You’ll have forever access to the content, even though this is the last time we’re running the course.
- We’re only taking 50 people in this round, and enrollment is first-come, first-served. If you want in, you definitely don’t want to dally.
Early bird enrollment will be going on from Tuesday the 21st through Friday the 24th. That means if you sign up before then, you can get the course for $369 instead of the usual $469.
Check out all the details here!
LISTEN TO PAST EPISODES OF RACHEL RANTS
Rachel Rants: Being smart is NOT that important (September 2019)
Rachel Rants: Life is hard, and you don’t have a lady’s maid (October 2019)
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel
This episode had me mindblown! In an episode a while back, Rachel mentioned, “What’s meant for you can’t miss you,” and that phrase freed up a lot of the stress I’ve felt about making “right” decisions.
Lately, I’d been feeling a little stuck about what direction to take next and kept wondering, “Which experience is meant for me right now?” The idea of equifinality freed up that lingering stress — it’s a great reminder that the only way to make progress is to throw some spaghetti on the wall, see what sticks, and go from there. Thank you for the timely reminder! xx
I’m so glad this is helping you free up stress, Madison! Love that you’re embracing the idea of equifinality. 🙂