Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
Every once in a while, you stumble across something that makes you go, “Where have YOU been my whole life?!” Sometimes it’s a hot person, other times it’s a meal that’s so good you want to cry, and if you’re a nerd like we are, then sometimes it’s a personality assessment.
The Enneagram is like nothing else we’ve ever taken or learned about! Some assessments are cute and fun to flirt with, but others are marriage material — serious and intense and make you kind of sweaty, but in a good way. That’s totally the Enneagram.
We dove deep into a classic Enneagram book, The Wisdom of the Enneagram by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson, for this bonus book club episode. And in fact, there is SO much to say about the Enneagram that this is part one of a two-part series! Part two will be coming out next Friday, the 30th.
On this episode, we’re getting into:
- What the Enneagram is, where it comes from, and exactly what it can tell you about yourself (spoiler alert: A WHOLE LOT).
- A summary of each of the 9 Enneagram types.
- The core fears and desires of each type, and how those influence your thoughts and behavior.
- Our own experiences taking the Enneagram, and what happened when we learned more about our types.
After you’ve listened, leave us a comment to let us know your Enneagram type and how you resonate with it!
LAST DAY FOR $50 OFF GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING!
- We officially get started on Wednesday, August 28th, but there is an intro lesson and assignments for you to do as soon as you sign up!
- The course will last for 4 weeks. Each week you’ll get access to a new lesson and new assignments, and at the end we’ll have a live online hangout to wrap things up.
- This course will NOT be available 24/7. Right now, consider it a one-time thing. We may end up offering it again at some point, but likely not for another year.
- There’s a group forum where you and the other enrollees can connect, share stories, and get your questions answered directly by us!
- This course is ideal for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course is full of accountability—We’re not here to lecture at you, but to hold your hand while you do the necessary hard (but fulfilling) work of letting go of people pleasing.
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.
There are many Enneagram tests you could take, but here are two that we’ve both personally taken. Keep in mind that you’ll want to set aside about 45 minutes to complete either test: