Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, Spotify, or YouTube.
Have you noticed that surfers tend to have nice abs even though they’re not trying to? They’re just out there doing what they love, and abs are the happy byproduct.
Meanwhile, you might be in the gym, cursing your ab-less torso on what feels like your millionth rep of sit-ups.
When you boil it down, there are always two approaches to getting what you want: Head-on, or sideways. The head-on approach is how most of us naturally assume success and achievement work. It’s direct and rooted in cause and effect. “I do this, I get that.”
In today’s brand-new Side Chat, we’re talking about the sideways approach to getting what you want. It’s counterintuitive (or maybe just purely intuitive) and indirect. We got into…
- How we might all be falsely correlating effort with success.
- Why doing what feels good is usually the best way to get what you want, even if it’s completely unrelated to your goal.
- Examples of how we’re coming at goals indirectly right now.
- How this idea ties into “no more expectations for 2020.”
We’d love to hear what you’re going to come at sideways, starting now. Come share in the comments!
LAST DAY OF 1:1 COACHING ENROLLMENT!
Today, Friday the 16th, is the LAST day we’re accepting sign-up forms for new clients! A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We only have a couple of spots left. We’re taking on about 15 people in this new wave, but most of those spots are already spoken for!
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (within the next 4-6 weeks).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- You have the option of 2 or 6 months of coaching, though we’ll prioritize people who want to do 6 months.
- This is our last coaching enrollment of the year! If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.