Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
It’s time for another “Magic 8-Ball” episode! AKA, where we shake up the nearly 200 episodes we’ve released in the past two years, and the one that rises to the surface has a message that you needed to hear today.
Today’s episode is one of the first side chats we ever did on the podcast way back in April 2018, and it’s all about how to tell if you’re a highly sensitive person. It’s one of my (Kristen’s) top-3 favorite episodes we’ve ever done, and it’s one that I keep referring my clients back to over and over. Here’s the original intro to this episode:
Do you ever feel a little bit crazy? Like you’re alone in a crowd of people who don’t FEEL things as deeply as you do? Maybe sometimes you find yourself wondering, “Am I broken? Why is life so much easier for these people?” If so, you’re likely a Highly Sensitive Person.
Being highly sensitive is an awesome gift. It means you’re probably extra creative, intuitive, and capable of being deeply moved by the small things in life. But here’s the problem: We don’t live in a world that places a high value on those things. So what do we do when the world wants to tell us we’re broken? When the very traits that make us awesome are also what people believe need fixing?
On this episode we talk about:
- How to tell if you’re a Highly Sensitive Person (we run through a list of attributes and give you guidance on where to take a self-assessment).
- Why the most highly sensitive people are always the most genius artists and creatives, too.
- Why HSPs are VERY likely to get diagnosed with anxiety, depression, and other disorders.
- How to let yourself feel all the things without shutting down or going crazy.
- The most critical things you can do to protect and take care of yourself so that you can have the best of both worlds — getting to be sensitive without feeling crazy, anxious, or overwhelmed.
CLARITY IN A TIME OF PANDEMIC
If we can help you find some relief, clarity, and direction right now, then that will feel like a win! From now until Friday, June 5, we’re offering some unprecedented things to meet the unprecedented times:
Get the Passion Profile Short Course, our intro course that helps you get clear on your career direction in as little as 1 day, for 50% off its usual price ($125 instead of $250). No discount code needed! Price is automatically lower on our site.
Get a single coaching session with one of us! We normally only offer one-off sessions to former clients, but we’re now opening this option up to everyone.
Get both the PPSC and a single coaching session as a bundle! When you check out for either the PPSC or a single session, add the other to your cart as an upgrade. It’s $125 for the PPSC, $150 for a single session, or $225 for the bundle!