It doesn’t matter your age, gender, race, or body type — 99.9% of us know what it’s like to feel ashamed of how we look or uncomfortable in our body, in one way or another.
A lot of us fall into a trap of believing that when our outer appearance is EXACTLY how we’ve envisioned, THEN we’ll finally get to be happy, successful, rich, and snag a hot significant other to boot. (Logically, we know this doesn’t work. But that doesn’t stop us from doing it anyway).
When you’re fixated on trying to force your body into submission, you’re not really living. It’s almost impossible to find true enjoyment in anything you do. And that’s no way to spend your life.
So to help us break the cycle and get to the root of our insecurities we sat down with Nina Blagojevic, a coach who helps people release guilt and shame so that they can (finally) feel at home in their bodies.
In this episode we talked about:
- How Nina went from feeling completely disconnected from her body to having the confidence to pose nude for an artist.
- Why our obsession with dieting, exercise, and making our bodies look a certain way has everything to do with a need for control.
- Why that need for body-control is a red herring for something deeper and more internal.
- How Nina let go of her need to go to the gym, and how she reframed her idea of what it means to diet and exercise.
- Why you don’t need to find every aspect of yourself beautiful (and still love yourself, at the same time).
- How to tell if you’re “out of body” — a lot of us have totally severed the connection between our minds and bodies. We talk about the signs, and how to reestablish that connection.
This sounds like a super heavy episode, but in typical fashion it’s a lot lighter and more fun that you’d expect! Nina is a great friend with a fantastic take on a very loaded issue. We think you’re going to feel a LOT of relief after listening to this one.
GET $50 OFF THE PPSC BETWEEN NOW AND 6/26/18
For a limited time the Passion Profile Short Course — our 5-ish hour, totally online, go-at-your-own-pace program that helps you find your career direction in as little as 1 day — is even more affordable than usual!
Between now and Tuesday, June 26th, you can get the PPSC for $199 instead of $249. Use code JUNE during checkout.