Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
We’ve certainly been known to work some magic in people’s lives. Career direction, life fulfillment, relationship satisfaction, spiritual peace—we can get you there. But as magical and life-changing as coaching is, there’s a limit to our fairy godmother-esque powers!
When it comes to the nitty-gritty details of helping you find the perfect job (after we’ve helped you figure out what that job is), we’re more pumpkin than golden carriage.
But never fear! Because that’s why we’re so eager to talk to people like Susan Levine, a master recruiter with nearly forty years of experience helping people actually find (and get hired for) their ideal job—she picks up the magic wand at the place we put it down.
In this month’s interview, we asked Susan some of our most burning questions about finding and getting your dream job:
- What are the reasonable (and unreasonable) expectations of what you can get out of a job?
- What does an employer really want to see or hear from you?
- What is working with a recruiter like? What’s the difference between a good and bad recruiter? And how do we get the most out of a recruiting experience?
- What does a flawless résumé look like?
- What makes someone a real-life good fit for a job, not just a good fit on paper?
- How do we job search in an emotionally intelligent way?
- How do we differentiate ourselves from alllllll the other great candidates out there?
Susan simplified a LOT of the process and busted through a ton of limiting beliefs that we’ve heard over and over again.
After you’ve listened, leave a comment to let us know what resonated most from this conversation and what you might start doing differently in your job search!
MORE ABOUT SUSAN LEVINE
Susan Levine, Founder & President of Career Group Companies, is an expert in building relationships and creating meaningful professional connections. Susan founded Career Group, Inc. as the first high-end recruiting firm focused on executive and administrative support, and soon after followed with Syndicatebleu, a creative recruiting firm focused on design, marketing, and production. Following the success of these two businesses, Fourth Floor and Avenue Pacific were born, focused on fashion and C-level recruiting. Career Group Companies has since grown to serve the Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco, Greenwich, and Orange County markets.
GET ON THE VIP LIST FOR OUR NEW PEOPLE PLEASING COURSE!
Getting Over People Pleasing will be open for enrollment on Tuesday, August 20th!
- This course will NOT be available 24/7. Right now, consider it a one-time thing. We may end up offering it again at some point, but likely not for another year.
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get weekly video lessons and workbook prompts.
- There will be a forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.