Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
One of my favorite quotes from any movie, ever, is from Men in Black — when Tommy Lee Jones is talking to Will Smith about the existence of aliens (I may have written and recorded a whole blog about it years ago):
“Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat, and fifteen minutes ago, you knew that humans were alone on this planet. Imagine what you’ll know tomorrow.”
Humans are pretty good at getting wrapped up in our own experience. We forget that “how it is” is often not how it’s always been, or even how it is now in other places around the world.
One of those things we’re convinced is true now, but hasn’t been true for most of human history? That your life revolves around your career.
So, in this month’s brand-new Side Chat we’re taking you on a journey that might make you squirm, but you most definitely need to hear. We talk about…
- What humans were obsessing over before they started fixating on their career,
- The reason we made the shift to obsessing over our careers, and what’s going on under the surface,
- Why making your career the thing your life revolves around never works,
- And the one quality you need to have if you want to have a life — not just a career — you deeply enjoy.
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how this doozy of an episode resonated with you!
JOIN THE CLARITY ON FIRE COMMUNITY!
You should definitely come check us out on Patreon!
- Join the $3/month tier (The Spark) for access to occasional bonus episodes and other special content. Think of this like our virtual “tip jar.” If you’re not interested in the community aspect, but appreciate our work and want to send a little love our way every month, plus get access to bonus content, this is for you!
- Join the $6/month tier (The Flame) for occasional bonus content, and … monthly patron-only Zoom meetups (hosted by our Community Ambassador, Alyx), quarterly Zoom hangouts with Krachel, and access to a private Discord server where conversations are going on every week.
For those of you who join “The Flame” tier, you’ll be able to join us for a monthly community meetup on Sunday, March 27, at 2pm EST. Our resident guru Francisca will guide us into expanding and exploring our breath with a Conscious Connection Breathwork practice to clear energy and release tension.
Become a patron, here. And then introduce yourself in Discord, so you can start making friends with other COF people!
WANT MORE CONTENT LIKE THIS?
If you liked this episode, you’ll love our e-book: “What is the POINT? A jolt of hope and practical advice for anyone going through an existential crisis.”