Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
If you knew there was a pill you could take that was known to decrease stress, lift you out of anxiety and depression, seriously improve your mood, ease your digestion, help you sleep better, and allow you to discover and make peace with who you really are, while being absolutely free and having zero harmful side effects … you’d be clamoring to take it, right??
So then why are so many of us not meditating? Because that’s just a fraction of what meditation can do for us.
In this month’s interview with an expert, we’re talking to Francisca Hernandez (you may recognize her from the normal person interview Rachel did with her back in November, 2018), a certified meditation guide, about…
- How meditation helped her heal after a near-death medical incident, as well as helped her stop abusing drugs and alcohol.
- All of the benefits, some you know and some you won’t, of incorporating meditation into your daily routine.
- What to do if meditation feels really difficult or tends to bring up a lot of anxiety and uncomfortable emotions.
- Styles of meditation that may work well for you, depending on your personality type.
- Misconceptions about what meditation actually is, and why you don’t need to be “good” at it to get the benefits.
After you’ve listened, leave a comment below to let us know how Francisca’s advice resonated with you, and whether it inspired you to try (or recommit) to meditation!
MORE ABOUT FRANCISCA
Francisca Hernandez is a creative, intuitive, and fluid soul with a passion for sharing well-being tools. She is a certified meditation guide, yoga instructor, Reiki practitioner, aromatherapist, and Tarot card reader. She loves to support her community and volunteers in her spare time to guide meditation for the teachers and students in her neighborhood’s middle school.
Check out everything Francisca has to offer, including meditation, Reiki, aromatherapy, Tarot and more, and join her newsletter at isabelletigerlilly.com.
SERIOUS ABOUT SOME 1-ON-1 COACHING?
One-on-one coaching will be open for enrollment again on October 8! A few pointers to keep in mind before then:
- We’ll be taking on about 20-25 people in this new wave, which starts October 8 and goes through October 18.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (October or early November).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- We WILL have coaching spots open up in the months after that, before we take on the next “official” wave of clients (which won’t be until later in March 2020). So if you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.
EVER THOUGHT ABOUT BECOMING A COACH?
For the first (and maybe last!) time ever, we’re doing a webinar with iPEC, the Institute for Professional Excellence in Coaching, where we did our coach training in 2012.
If you’ve considered coaching as a career path, and what the process of getting trained involves, then you should join us! We’ll be covering points like:
- The ups and downs of how we built a six-figure coaching business.
- The biggest things prospective coaches get wrong about the coaching industry.
- Why you don’t need to know what your “niche” is or what you’ll “do” with your coaching certification before you get certified (and why it’s actually better not to know!).
- Why you don’t need to start your own business to be a successful coach.
- What skills are critical for anyone thinking about becoming a coach.
- What questions to ask yourself when weighing your coach-training program options.
The webinar is happening on Wednesday, October 2 at 12:30pm Eastern. If you make it live, you’ll be able to submit questions to us during the event! If you can’t, there will be a replay for you to watch later.