Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
We all know that person. The one who’s read all the books, taken all the personality tests, and been to therapy for years but somehow is exactly the same as when they started. They could talk to you all day long about their issues — they know exactly why they are the way they are — but haven’t actually changed.
None of us want to be that person. But going from intellectually understanding stuff to integrating that information and actually thinking, feeling, and behaving differently? That’s not easy.
People who “know things” are a dime a dozen. People who have integrated what they know are rare. And bridging that gap usually takes help.
So, in this brand-new episode of the podcast, we’re delving into how we, as coaches, use information that all of us love (personality tests) to actually help our clients change their feelings, beliefs, and behavior.
We talked about…
- Our three favorite personality tests, ranked in order of usefulness.
- Which tests are most helpful according to your situation (not all tests make sense in every situation!).
- Examples of how we’ve used clients’ personality test results to help them make changes that stick.
- Plus, examples of how we’ve used our own results to change our circumstances.
1-ON-1 COACHING IS OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT!
We debated whether or not to continue as planned with opening enrollment for 1:1 coaching this week, which we do 3 times per year. Right now doesn’t necessarily feel like an ideal time to do anything!
But we decided to stay the course. For some, what’s going on in the world may have thrown a wrench into your plans, and coaching no longer makes sense. But for others, that same wrench may be the very reason it makes sense for you to have extra structure, support, and clarity right now.
It’s our job to help guide people through transitions, existential crises, and major life questions. So as long as people are experiencing that, we’ll be here to coach them!
So, if this turns out to be the right time for you to take some serious personal inventory and figure out where you’re going with your life and career, then we’re happy to talk to you.
Enrollment for 1:1 coaching is officially open NOW:
- Remember, instead of taking on clients whenever, we take them on a few times per year, in waves.
- Until Tuesday, March 31, we’re accepting sign-up forms for potential new clients.
- We’re taking on about 15-20 people, max! If you’re seriously considering 1:1 coaching, fill out the “sign me up” form on this page and one of us will be in touch to talk about it.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (within the next 4-6 weeks).
- We WILL have coaching spots open up over time, before we take on the next “official” wave of clients (probably in June). So if you’re not ready now, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.
- You don’t have to be 100% certain that this is right for you — just serious enough to want to discuss it.
Remember, you have until Tuesday, March 31, to fill out that form! After that, you can add your name to the wait list.
If you want more of a glimpse into our coaching style — how it works, and why it works — check out our episode from October 2019 called “Why career coaching has (almost) nothing to do with your career.”
TAKE THE TESTS WE MENTIONED TODAY
There are many Enneagram tests you could take, but here are two that we’ve both personally taken. Keep in mind that you’ll want to set aside about 45 minutes to complete either test:
We love this free version of the Myers Briggs:
And of course, if you haven’t taken the Passion Profile Quiz yet, are you even a Clarity on Fire fan?? 😉