Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Calling all fellow bookworms, library nerds, and general lovers of literature — it’s time for another book club episode of the podcast!
Whenever there are five Fridays in a month, we devote the extra Friday to a book that we can’t get enough of. In this episode, we’re diving into the mega #1 New York Times bestseller Untamed by Glennon Doyle.
Glennon’s books are the opposite of your average self-help book written by a perky middle-aged woman with plenty of platitudes and not a lot of depth. Her work is deep and moving and it’ll light a fire under your butt. It’s required reading for all humans, if you ask us (but especially highly sensitives, people-pleasers, women, and anyone who wants to live their life without guilt or constriction).
We talked about…
- Glennon working up the courage to leave her husband, break up her family, and rebuild a new family with Abby Wambach (the Olympic soccer player, who she’d only met in-person once).
- How we’re encouraged and rewarded, from a very young age, to ignore our own inner wisdom.
- Why highly sensitives aren’t “broken.”
- How to walk away from people and things that aren’t right for you, even when you’re scared and burdened by guilt and uncertainty.
- What it really means to be a person who’s whole and fulfilled.
After you’ve listened, leave us a comment to let us know which truth bombs from this book resonated with you most!
CLARITY IN A TIME OF PANDEMIC: ENDS JUNE 5!
If we can help you find some relief, clarity, and direction right now, then that will feel like a win! Until Friday, June 5 we’re offering some unprecedented things to meet the unprecedented times:
Get the Passion Profile Short Course, our intro course that helps you get clear on your career direction in as little as 1 day, for 50% off its usual price ($125 instead of $250). No discount code needed! Price is automatically lower on our site.
Get a single coaching session with one of us! We normally only offer one-off sessions to former clients, but we’re now opening this option up to everyone.
Get both the PPSC and a single coaching session as a bundle! When you check out for either the PPSC or a single session, add the other to your cart as an upgrade. It’s $125 for the PPSC, $150 for a single session, or $225 for the bundle!