Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Calling all fellow bookworms, library nerds, and general lovers of literature — it’s time for another book club episode of the podcast!
Whenever there are five Fridays in a month, we devote the extra Friday to a book that we can’t get enough of.
And wow, we REALLY cannot get enough of Good Inside by Dr. Becky Kennedy.
This book is incredibly popular for the best of reasons — there’s a rapidly growing group of smart, conscious, compassionate people who want to parent their children in a way that helps them develop into confident, emotionally intelligent, authentic, successful adults.
But before you assume this book isn’t for you — because you aren’t a parent yet, or don’t want kids, or because your kids are long grown — know this: We’ve been telling ALL of our clients to read this book because it’s SO good at helping you learn to parent yourself.
All of things we struggle with in adulthood — people pleasing, perfectionism, procrastination, anxiety, depression, difficulty feeling your feelings — stem back to childhood. And it’s 100% possible (and necessary) to give yourself what you might not have received as a kid.
So, buckle up for a very in-depth, incredibly valuable episode of the podcast! You’ll hear us get into …
- How you can genuinely have the best of both worlds — be a kind, emotionally intelligent parent and have kids who love you and respect your authority,
- Why trying to control behavior never works, and what major shift to make for kids who actually listen to you,
- The best strategies to ensure your kids grow up resilient and happy, rather than anxious and fearful,
- Word-for-word scripts about how to handle and speak to your kids in so many different situations,
- And how ALL of the above can apply to your relationship with yourself, too.
This book is one of the most important personal development books we’ve read in a LONG time. We can’t wait for your mind to be blown by much of what we talked about in this episode!
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to let us know what resonated most from this conversation.
POWER HOURS ARE BACK!
One session, 75 minutes, and a LOT of clarity around whatever is keeping you most stuck.
Sound good? Sign up for your Power Hour here.
A Power Hour is ideal for you right now if:
- You’re overwhelmed and don’t know where to start when it comes to untangling your various issues.
- You’d like to experience some relief ASAP.
- You want to ignite new momentum quickly.
- You like the idea of working with a coach and want to try a little coaching in a low-risk way before making a commitment.
Bonus, you can apply the cost of your Power Hour toward future 1:1 coaching and sign up for coaching in between official client enrollment periods. 🙌