The first step of recovery is admitting you have a problem. And to be frank: We’ve got a problem. And we’re pretty sure you do, too.
Did you know that one of the metrics that measures phone addiction is if you can go 5 or more hours without touching it? Can you even REMEMBER the last time you did that!? ‘Cuz we can’t. GULP.
Did you know that the average person thinks they’re LESS addicted than everyone around them, even though the average person is actually touching their phone over 2,000 times a day?
Yes, you read that right. TWO THOUSAND.
So, to help break us our phone addictions, we sat down with Kristen Kalp, a poet, writer, coach, empath, introvert, and most importantly, person-who-has-somehow-managed-to-only-be-on-her-phone-for-an-hour-per-day.
On this episode of the Clarity on Fire podcast we talk about:
- The uncomfortable facts and figures that prove that you, like pretty much everyone else you know (except maybe like, your 85-year-old grandparents), is addicted to your phone.
- Why we compulsively reach for our phones 24/7, and what we’re avoiding when we scroll.
- Why you’ll never be as creative, interesting, smart, well-rested, grounded, and at ease if you’re always tied to your phone.
- Why being addicted to your phone is 100% tied to feeling like you’re “existing” rather than “living.”
- Strategies to help you let go of your habit gradually, and how to handle the withdrawal when it inevitably sets in.
If you’d like to join the two of us in doing Kristen’s 21-day email-based course all about breaking your phone habit, you can sign up here! It starts on June 11th.
Full disclosure, Kristen asked us if we’d like to be an affiliate of her program, and we said yes! So we may receive a portion of proceeds if you sign up for her course. But, in typical Krachel fashion, we only endorse things we personally love and are doing ourselves. This is one of those things!
After you listen, come leave a comment to let us know just how addicted you are to your phone, and what you intend to do to break your habit.
MORE ABOUT KRISTEN KALP, IN HER OWN WORDS
My work advocates for the aliveness and fulfillment you’ll only reach by rummaging around in the depths of your being and then being honest about what you find.
I’m here to help your life come into alignment with your deepest desires — especially if you’re a bookworm, introvert, hermit, empath, or sensitive soul.
I offer practical-yet-soulful business direction in my books, help clear emotional residue and blocks through breathwork, and make space to usher in whole-life transformation through coaching. (And action. Lots and lots of action.)
- Space: Kristen Kalp’s 21-day email-based course all about breaking your phone habit
- Emotional Constipation with Joanna Platt
- Submit your question for the next episode of Dear Krachel
- Take the Passion Profile Quiz