Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
We all know how good it feels to get rid of actual stuff — clothes that are out of style, clutter that’s taking up space in your closet, décor that belongs in another decade.
We’d argue it feels just as good, if not better, to get rid of your metaphorical crap — the beliefs that weigh you down, the assumptions that you inherited from someone else, and the fears that are no longer relevant to the times we’re living in now.
So, in that spirit, we’re back with another special episode of Burn This. Every once in a while, we’re going to go through some of our collective intangible garbage and give you, and all of us, permission to throw it in the burn pile!
Today we’re burning the idea that emotions need to be labeled. We got into…
- How anger, sadness, frustration, even joy isn’t good or bad, ever.
- The unintended consequences that result when you unconsciously believe an emotion, especially a difficult one, is “bad.”
- The emotions you might be most uncomfortable with, and therefore most likely to label incorrectly, according to your Enneagram type.
- How to retrain your brain to think of emotions in a neutral way.
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how you’ve been guilty of labeling emotions!
1-ON-1 COACHING IS OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT!
The doors are open for new coaching clients now through this coming Tuesday, June 30th!
A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We’ll be taking on about 15, max 20 people in this new wave.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (within the next 4-6 weeks).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- Our last coaching enrollment of the year will probably be in October. If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list, and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.
If you’re ready to talk about the possibility of coaching, fill out the form on this page and we’ll schedule a brief call with you!