Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
After 40 years of obesity, Tony Weaver decided it was time to make a drastic life change.
Despite having many previous failed attempts at living a healthier life, he committed to losing 100 pounds in a year. Not only did he achieve his goal (and then some! He lost 131 pounds in total), he also went on to run two half-marathons, start a blog, and write a book.
You can see the results for yourself:
Maybe most importantly, he found his voice, gained a new sense of confidence and purpose in the world, and learned to genuinely like himself, just as he is.
If you’re considering making any significant life change, whether it’s health-related or not, you’ll definitely want to tune into this month’s interview with a normal person. Listen in as Kristen asks Tony questions like…
- What was the catalyst that made you want to make this huge lifestyle change?
- What were your biggest fears when you were just getting started?
- A lot of people start making changes like this (getting healthier, finding a new career path, paying off debt, etc.), but they don’t see them through. What made you stick with it?
- How did you handle disappointments and challenges along the way?
- When you were losing the weight, you had a clear goal in mind. Now that you’re in maintenance mode, how do you continue to keep yourself motivated?
- What are the biggest things you learned about yourself through this whole experience?
- What advice do you have for anyone considering making a big lifestyle change, whether it’s weight loss or something else?
After you’ve listened, leave a comment below to let us know how Tony’s story resonated with you.
WANT $50 OFF THE PASSION PROFILE SHORT COURSE?
Starting on Tuesday, May 14 (through Tuesday, May 21), we’re going to be offering a special deal ($50 off!) on the Passion Profile Short Course — our 5-ish hour, totally online, go-at-your-own-pace program that helps you find your career direction in as little as 1 day.
We’re also going to be offering some free coaching sessions to people who sign up! So be sure to check your inbox next Tuesday for the official announcement.
MORE ABOUT TONY
Tony Weaver made a choice to change his life. After 40 years of obesity, Tony decided he was going to lose over 100 pounds in under a year. But that wasn’t the whole story because he also decided not to follow any fad diet, not to give up anything, and to do it his way. Instead he turned to his project-management expertise and managed his transformation as a project.
It worked! He lost 100 pounds in just 9 months and 131 pounds overall. He went from 325 pounds to completing his first half marathon in just 16 months. But it wasn’t just what he lost that matters; it was what he gained. He found his voice, he found his confidence, he rediscovered himself, and he found a calling.
Early in his transformation, Tony launched has blog, OperationMelt.com, to share his journey in real time. His goal was to help other people working on similarly big goals to be more successful. Recently he also published his first book, Operation Melt: How I Used Life-Changing Project Management to Lose Over 100 Pounds in Under a Year.
Tony’s blog and book are all part of a broader vision: to create a world where goals never die of loneliness.
Tony lives in Columbus, Ohio with his wife Liz where they enjoy living the urban life and spending time at Indian Lake Ohio.
IF YOU LIKED THIS, YOU’LL ALSO LOVE…
Are you already living your worst-case scenario? (April 2019)
I’ll live when I’m skinny with Nina Blagojevic (June 2018)
Side Chat: The 4 Passion Profiles (December 2018)