Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
In December of 2017, Francisca Hernandez nearly died.
She’d spent months feeling unwell, bouncing from doctor to doctor, trying and failing to get to the bottom of her health struggles. It came to a head 11 months ago when she (pretty miraculously) walked into the hospital under her own power, and ended up needing six pints of blood transfused into her body.
What followed was a very serious surgery two months later. And, as people often do when they end up on death’s doorstep, she found herself taking a complete inventory of her life.
The gratitude of being alive brought sharp clarity and made her admit to the fact that, leading up to her health crisis, she’d spent many years in a numbed-out haze, trying to avoid the despair and pointlessness she felt on a daily basis.
Almost a year later, Francisca says she’s the happiest she’s ever been, and only getting happier. In this month’s interview with a normal person, Rachel talks to Francisca about:
- Why she ignored her intuition for so long, and why she actively tried to numb almost everything she felt.
- How being forced to take a huge time-out from her life finally allowed her intrinsic desires and interests to bubble to the surface.
- The small ways she started to trust her intuition, and some funny stories about how it turned out.
- How she decided to treat life like a magical scavenger hunt, and the crazy-awesome results she’s having.
- Why she thinks hitting rock bottom allowed her to reach such joyful heights, less than a year later.
- Her advice to you about how to start listening to and being guided by your intuition.
After you’ve listened, leave a comment to let us know how Francisca’s journey and wisdom resonated with you!