Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, Google Play, or Spotify.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
As a grown, independent person living in the almost-2020s, it would be highly embarrassing to admit that you secretly hope for a knight in shining armor to sweep you off your feet like a damsel in distress. You can pay your own bills and don’t need rescuing, thank-you-very-much.
BUT … while most of us have gotten over the desire for a savior when it comes to romance, a LOT of us are still very much hung up on the idea of a job that might save us. And frankly, it’s just as codependent and problematic as hoping a person will save you!
In this month’s interview with a normal person, Rachel talks to her client Sarah about how she got over her need to be rescued, and what happened when she let go of control and let her career sort itself out.
Rachel and Sarah got into…
- Why hanging all your hopes for happiness on a job is unhealthy and unhelpful.
- The small thing Sarah did (for 5 minutes a day) that she credits for completely turning her life around.
- How Sarah went from having no idea where her career was going to total clarity in 6 weeks.
- The money, opportunities, and signs that popped up at exactly the right time along the way to guide her.
- Why she’s (ironically) much happier now that she doesn’t expect her job to always make her happy.
After you’ve listened, leave us a comment below to let us know how Sarah’s story resonated with you, and whether you’ve ever expected a job to “save” you.
1-ON-1 COACHING IS OPEN FOR ENROLLMENT AGAIN!
The doors are open for new coaching clients now through Friday, October 18!
- We’ll be taking on about 20-25 people in this new wave.
- This is for people interested in getting started ASAP (October or early November).
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- We WILL have coaching spots open up in the coming months, before we take on the next “official” wave of clients (which won’t be until later in March 2020). So if you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you when we have an availability.
If you’re ready to talk about the possibility of coaching, fill out the form on this page and we’ll schedule a brief phone call with you!
MORE ABOUT SARAH
Sarah Knight started out with a business degree working in the finance function of a Fortune 25 company. About three years into her now 6+ year career, she started questioning if there was more to life than working a 9-5 job, and subsequently plummeted head-first into a quarter-life crisis. Feeling like a lifeless outsider in the corporate world, she sought help making sense of life and finding direction. Since working with Rachel learning how to connect with and trust her own inner guidance, Sarah has flowed into starting her dream business, S&T Destination Designs, with her business partner, Taylor. Together they help Airbnb hosts maximize their profit with stunning interior design, 5-star amenities and an online profile that stands out from the competition. You can find them online at stdestinationdesigns.com and on Instagram at @stdestinationdesigns.
EPISODES WE MENTIONED IN THIS INTERVIEW
Side Chat: Honing your intuition (& knowing when it’s really fear) (June 2019)
Learning to meditate (& how to stick to it) with Francisca Hernandez (September 2019)
Bonus Book Club! Outrageous Openness by Tosha Silver (November 2018)
Blog: The Shit Sandwich (August 2019)
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel
I needed to hear this podcast. I can so relate to Sarah because I too want (have wanted) a (better) job to save me, thinking it would be a cure-all. I’ve been diving into my spiritual side and every sign has pointed toward giving it all over to the universe and to stop trying to control everything and forcing and fighting things. I have the most trouble with wanting control and to think my way out of the situation I’ve found myself. This interview was another timely reminder for me that I needed. Thank you so much.
We’re so glad you found this at the right time! I’m guessing you’ve already listened to our episode about Outrageous Openness, but if not that (and the book) is a great next step. 🙂