Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
A lot of you are people pleasers, and you know it. You cycle through the greatest hits every day! 🤘
🎶 Avoiding conflict
🎤 Saying yes to everything, when you want to say no
🎸 Not setting boundaries
🥁 Refusing to speak up
They’re classics for a reason! But there’s so much more to people pleasing than the popular stuff — there are deep cuts, too. Stuff you probably haven’t heard about, because it’s kind of underground, man. 🙃
In this BONUS Side Chat, we got into 5 surprising (or maybe uncomfortable, depending on how it makes you feel!) things you might not know about people pleasing.
Listen in as we talk about why…
- Feeling guilty is actually a VERY good sign,
- People pleasers are magnets for energy vampires,
- Perfectionists are almost always people pleasers, even if they’d deny it,
- People pleasers secretly struggle with a certain kind of narcissism (this one’ll make you sweat),
- And more!
Leave a comment after you’ve listened to share your reaction to this one!
GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING — COMING AUGUST 5!
A four-week course for people-pleasers, perfectionists, and anyone who wants to stop caring so much about what others think.
Get on the VIP list for more info (and a BIG early bird discount) when we open enrollment for Getting Over People Pleasing next week!
- We haven’t run this course in 2 years, and we have no idea if/when we will again. So consider it a one-time thing!
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get short weekly video lessons and workbook prompts.
- There will be a forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.
If you haven’t joined our VIP list yet, please do! There will be goodies for people who are on that list when we launch the course.
LISTEN TO THESE EPISODES NEXT
Side Chat: The 3 types of people pleasers (& why you might unknowingly be one) (July 2019)
Bonus Book Club: Dodging Energy Vampires (May 2019)
The 1 thing you WON’T hear us talk about in Getting Over People Pleasing (August 2019)
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel
I AM one of those keen listeners who knew a bonus book club was meant to come up 😀 Perhaps your patreons can get a bonus book club episode when the patreon launches again…? 😉
I particularly resonated with the narcissism perspective on people pleasing and was something I hadn’t thought of before! It also reminds me of a podcast I listened to recently about manifestation and Law of Attraction theory. This episode was very critical of manifestation (particularly when it goes into toxic territory such as ‘thinking negative thoughts makes bad things happen to you) and linked it to narcissism. How narcissistic it is that humans think the Universe is actually thinking about them? What if the Universe is completely agnostic to your existence?
I find it can actually be empowering to realise most people and the things like the universe are completely neutral to you and aren’t thinking about you nearly as much as you think!
If we read a book in the Patreon group, I’m going to insist it be fiction, since I’m so not interested in non-fiction these days. 😝 I’ve heard that take on manifesting before! It’s an interesting one. I tend to believe that like energy is always going to attract like energy, BUT I also don’t believe that every single little thing we say/do/think is going to have some kind of negative impact on us if we’re not careful. The Universe knows how to work with the path of least resistance; which means we’re allowed to have resistance! We can relax and trust that we don’t have to be perfect to get the things we want, which is nice!