Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
A lot of you are people pleasers, and you know it. You cycle through the greatest hits every day! 🤘
🎶 Avoiding conflict
🎤 Saying yes to everything, when you want to say no
🎸 Not setting boundaries
🥁 Refusing to speak up
They’re classics for a reason! But there’s so much more to people pleasing than the popular stuff — there are deep cuts, too. Stuff you probably haven’t heard about, because it’s kind of underground, man. 🙃
In this BONUS Side Chat, we got into 5 surprising (or maybe uncomfortable, depending on how it makes you feel!) things you might not know about people pleasing.
Listen in as we talk about why…
- Feeling guilty is actually a VERY good sign,
- People pleasers are magnets for energy vampires,
- Perfectionists are almost always people pleasers, even if they’d deny it,
- People pleasers secretly struggle with a certain kind of narcissism (this one’ll make you sweat),
- And more!
Leave a comment after you’ve listened to share your reaction to this one!
GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING — COMING AUGUST 5!
A four-week course for people-pleasers, perfectionists, and anyone who wants to stop caring so much about what others think.
Get on the VIP list for more info (and a BIG early bird discount) when we open enrollment for Getting Over People Pleasing next week!
- We haven’t run this course in 2 years, and we have no idea if/when we will again. So consider it a one-time thing!
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get short weekly video lessons and workbook prompts.
- There will be a forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.
If you haven’t joined our VIP list yet, please do! There will be goodies for people who are on that list when we launch the course.