Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
So, I (Rachel) am turning 30 in just a few days. And in true nerd fashion, I wanted to celebrate by having a deep conversation. It’s a party in Ravenclaw tower, ya’ll. BYOB. Bring your own butterbeer. 😉
I insisted on being the “normal person” for this month’s interview, because I’m always the expert (well, at least when you hear me on the podcast … not so sure about the rest of the time!).
Kristen came up with a bunch of questions that I didn’t get to prepare for, so enjoy my spur-of-the-moment musings about …
- How I feel about turning 30. (SO many mixed feelings!)
- The best and worst things that happened in my 20s (I delve into the worst year of my life … it was a DOOZY).
- What I used to believe, and why I no longer believe it.
- Why I couldn’t take a deep breath for most of my 20s, and how I recovered from crippling anxiety.
- My best wisdom for anyone still in their 20s and looking to make the most of it (in true fashion, my advice is so NOT age-specific).
- PLUS, she subjected me to a SERIOUSLY DIFFICULT lightening round of “this or that” questions like, “Kate Middleton or Meghan Markle?” and “Order of the Phoenix or Deathly Hallows?” A true Sophie’s Choice situation!
Want to give me a birthday treat? If you haven’t had a chance yet, leave us a rating and a review on the podcast! It’d make my day!
And after you’ve listened, scroll down to the comments section and tell me how this episode resonated with you, and particularly what YOUR answers would be for the lightening round questions!
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE, YOU’LL ALSO LOVE…
- Emotional constipation with Joanna Platt
- How to find your tribe and grow a network with Carolyn Birsky
- Side Chat: How to figure out what to do with your life
BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS FROM THIS EPISODE
- Outrageous Openness by Tosha Silver
- E-Squared by Pam Grout
- The Unmistakeable Touch of Grace by Cheryl Richardson
- Love Warrior by Glennon Doyle