Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Just a couple years ago, Austin was working in a job that he always thought he wanted, but turned out to be all wrong for him. Even though he’d been preparing for this job for years, he trusted his gut and ultimately quit.
Since then, Austin’s life has been like a choose-your-own-adventure novel: he’s lived in a Buddhist monastery, worked as a ranch-hand with cowboys in South Dakota, dug up dinosaur bones in Montana, taken care of stray dogs in Costa Rica, property-sat a retreat center in Wyoming, lived on a farm in Ireland… and that’s just a few of his many adventures!
As you might imagine, he’s learned a ton about himself through all of these experiences, and they’ve helped him redefine what an ideal job means for him.
And if you’re thinking, “Wow, that sounds so cool! But there’s no way I could do that…,” Austin will be the first to tell you that his lifestyle is far more accessible than you ever thought possible.
Listen in as we get into…
- How he knew when it was time to quit his job, and the fears he had to overcome before quitting
- The intense self-discovery he’s gone through as a result of his many adventures
- Specifics about HOW he’s been able to live such an unconventional lifestyle, and his tips for anyone who’s craving an adventure of their own
- Austin’s advice for anyone who’s currently feeling trapped in a toxic, unfulfilling job
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how this episode resonated with you!
MORE ABOUT AUSTIN ROSE
Austin is a twenty-eight-year-old who worked for three years as a police officer before finally being able to accept that it wasn’t the right fit, at which point he took the leap and walked away from the stable career he had spent years preparing for. He resigned in September of 2021, and since then has been using a variety of methods to travel the world, connect with new people, dabble in new work, and adventure. Since quitting, Austin has lived in a Buddhist monastery, worked as a ranch-hand with cowboys in South Dakota, dug up dinosaur bones in Montana, taken care of stray dogs in Costa Rica, property-sat a retreat center in Wyoming, lived on a farm in Ireland, and more. To this day, he continues to explore the world and try on new hats, and he’s here to tell you that you can do it too.
Links Austin Shared:
GET $300 OFF THE PASSION PROFILE SHORT COURSE!
We spent the last year renovating and completely updating ALL of the content in the Passion Profile Short Course!
It’s all shiny and new again, and to celebrate we’re giving you $300 off now through Friday, April 28th. No code needed! The price is already lowered on our site.
The PPSC is a GREAT place to start if you’re spinning your career wheels. It’s designed to help you cut through burnout and start finding direction in less than 1 day!
If you want to …
- Stop hemorrhaging energy and learn how to work in a way that feels good and actually works for you,
- Get to a place where working feels more like living,
- No longer over-analyze or second-guess your choices, because you’re clear on where you’re going and how to get there,
- Have a career that actually meets your deep needs — for flexibility, autonomy, connection, and purpose,
…then you couldn’t ask for a better place to begin than the Passion Profile Short Course!
It’s about 5 hours of video content + workbook prompts, plus a forum where you can post questions and get answers from us. You can do it at your own pace, because once you buy it you have access forever.
There are some VERY cool bonuses, too, including a brand-new one: A big list full of jobs that are ideal for each Passion Profile.
And if you’re a long-time fan of Clarity on Fire, we’d love it if you forwarded this to someone in your life who needs career direction — help them save some serious $$$ and get unstuck. Win-win!