Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
I once told Kristen, and I quote, “I’d rather my life be harder and more complicated than necessary, but still happen on my terms, rather than it be easier but not go the way I’ve envisioned.” Charming, I know!
What can I say? I’m a Hermione-Granger type know-it-all with a penchant to grab onto something and insist that I know when, how, and why it’s supposed to happen … and then get indignant when it doesn’t go my way, naturally.
Wouldn’t it be easier to, I dunno, release control over the unknown and chill out? Yes! It would. But that’s not as easy as it sounds, which is why I’ll never stop having conversations about how to let go. I need constant reminders … and I suspect you do, too.
So, in this month’s brand-new interview with a normal person, tune in as I chat with Diana, a former-client-turned-friend, about how she learned to let go of control. We got into…
- Why Diana was tripping up on how to put the concept of feminine energy into practice.
- How an early experience with chronic illness created her particular brand of stressing out and trying to control everything.
- Her truly labyrinthine career journey: she’s been a rare books librarian, worked on Wall Street, and is now in marketing! (Just in case you didn’t believe reinventing yourself was possible.)
- The shift she experienced just last month that finally helped her get out of a toxic job and into a new one, practically overnight.
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how Diana’s take on letting go resonated with you!
ARE YOU LISTENING TO FOREVER ALONE?
We’re halfway through Forever Alone, Rachel’s seven-part miniseries about her journey through singledom!
The show is available on the Clarity on Fire podcast feed, but we’d love it if you subscribed to the Forever Alone feed and listened there (then hit her up with a 5-star rating and review, of course) wherever you get your podcasts: Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Play, Amazon, and YouTube.
1:1 COACHING IS COMING BACK!
One-on-one coaching will be open for enrollment again next Friday, September 17! A few pointers to keep in mind:
- We’ll be taking on a small number of clients this time — probably fewer than 10!
- This is for people interested in getting started in September or October.
- You don’t have to know for sure that you want to move ahead with coaching. You just have to be serious enough about it to want to have a conversation.
- If you’re not ready now, or you’ve found us in-between “official” enrollment periods, then you can add your name to the wait list and we’ll contact you if and when we have an availability.