Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Are you a wee bit tired? Burned out? Exhausted to your core? Weary to the marrow of your being?
It’s OK if the world feels like a lot. It IS a lot, and has been for a long time (I mean, we’re all still pandemic fatigued, on top of … gestures wildly to everything else). Big, big things — planetary, global, national — have a personal impact on us, even though we, individually, don’t have much control over any of it. And that lack of control is bound to be exhausting.
The only thing we do have some modicum of influence over is our lives. But we’ve noticed a pretty big problem lately. It’s showing up in MANY of our clients, and it’s time to call it out.
A lot of us are tired because we’re actively avoiding opportunities to make our own lives better. Worse, we’re actually enabling a lot of the suffering we’re experiencing, particularly at work. So, in this month’s Side Chat we got into:
- Why so many of us are convinced we can’t make shitty work situations better,
- How people-pleasing plays a HUGE part in letting the system take advantage of us,
- Examples of clients who were suffering under the weight of toxic environments, and how we helped them stop gaslighting themselves and get what they deserved,
- Why being a rebel is the sanest, healthiest thing you could possibly do.
If you’re tired, burned out, overwhelmed, apathetic, panicked, stressed, mojo-less, or stretched to your breaking point, this one is a MUST-LISTEN!
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share what you’re going to change to make your work life healthier.
GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING — COMING IN AUGUST!
A four-week course for people-pleasers, perfectionists, and anyone who wants to stop caring so much about what others think.
Get on the VIP list for more info when we open enrollment for Getting Over People Pleasing in August!
- We haven’t run this course in 2 years, and we have no idea if/when we will again. So consider it a one-time thing!
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get short weekly video lessons and workbook prompts.
- There will be a forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.
If you haven’t joined our VIP list yet, please do! There will be goodies for people who are on that list when we launch the course.
LISTEN TO THESE EPISODES NEXT
Magic 8-Ball: Masculine vs. Feminine Energy (March 2020)
Side Chat: How to tell if you have career trauma (November 2021)
Dear Krachel: I’m burned out and afraid NO job can reignite my passion! (July 2022)
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel
Mic drop! This episode was so needed. As a recovering people pleaser and codependent I hear you. My journey started with work, then friends, now it’s down to family, and my husband and it has been a burning of multiple bridges waiting for others to rebuild back to me if I allow it or if they will rise to the occasion. It’s easier and easier but still a challenge. This is also what my book is about. I hear your challenge and I am rising to the damn calling. Thank you for this episode. It reminded me why my story is so important. 🔥🔥
Amen, Terece!! Burning unhealthy bridges, and seeing who wants to rebuild healthy ones is a real journey–one I’m glad you had the courage to take (and write about)!