Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Welcome to another episode of Dear Krachel, our monthly advice segment where we answer listener questions about life, career, relationships, existential angst, and anything that helps you become a more whole, fulfilled version of yourself.
This month we answered questions from:
- Giamhi, a senior in high school whose parents are pushing her to go into a field like engineering or teaching. She doesn’t know what she wants — but she knows she doesn’t want to do that. How do you make a career choice when you’re feeling pressured to do something that will make other people happy?
- Summer, who asked us, “What do I do when I’m burned out and not sure if ANY job will reignite my passion?”
- Less than Optimistic, who was excited to pursue a career in a very specific field, but after applying to over 100 jobs and never getting anything, moved on to something totally different. After a decade, he still has dreams of pursuing his original interest … but obviously he’s not hopeful. How can you tell if something is a pipe dream vs. a real possibility?
Come leave a comment after you’ve listened to share how our advice for these listeners resonated with you!
GETTING OVER PEOPLE PLEASING — COMING IN AUGUST!
Get on the VIP list for more info when we open enrollment for Getting Over People Pleasing in August!
- We haven’t run this course in 2 years, and we have no idea if/when we will again. So consider it a one-time thing!
- It will last for about 4 weeks, and during that time you’ll get short weekly video lessons and workbook prompts.
- There will be a forum so that you, and the other members of the group, can ask us questions and share your stories.
- This course is for people who want to bridge the gap between knowing what they should be doing, and actually doing it.
- Consider this course a fun-yet-challenging boot camp of sorts! We’re going to help you heal some old wounds that keep you trapped in the need to please and get desensitized to the discomfort of things like setting boundaries, saying no, and speaking up for yourself.
- This course will be action-oriented. Yes, there will be some teaching, but everything we teach is going to be actionable. And we’re going to hold you accountable for taking that action!
- By the end, we know you’ll feel a LOT freer, calmer, more confident, and resilient.
If you haven’t joined our VIP list yet, please do! There will be goodies for people who are on that list when we launch the course.