Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Lately we’ve had multiple clients share a worrying pattern. It goes something like, “I can’t stop ruminating on this awful experience I had at work. I obsess over it constantly. It’s really affecting my mood, energy, performance, and confidence.”
If you’ve had a bad romantic relationship — maybe an ex who said nasty things to your face, or who would scream at you at the drop of a hat, or who neglected your needs and then gaslit you into thinking you were crazy for having needs in the first place — you get to call it what it is. Namely, unhealthy, toxic, traumatic, even abusive.
But when these things happen at work (and they do happen at work, all the time) … we often don’t call it any of that. We often think we aren’t allowed to have feelings, at all, because we’re at work.
So, in this month’s brand-new Side Chat, we’re getting frank and talking about career trauma, namely:
- What “counts” as traumatic when you’re in a work setting,
- Signs that you might be struggling with some form of work trauma,
- When to speak up or just plain leave a toxic work situation,
- And how to heal from this kind of experience.
Leave a comment after you’ve listened to share your stories of unhealthy work environments (we know you’ve got them).
KEEP YOUR EYES PEELED FOR OUR HOLIDAY PROMO
2020 was a YEAR, 2021 has also been a year, and you deserve something nice! So, heads up: From Wednesday, December 8 – Friday, December 17, we’re bringing back the super-popular promotion we did this time last year! You’ll be able to…
- Get the Passion Profile Short Course, our intro course that helps you get clear on your career direction in as little as 1 day, for 30% off its usual price ($174 instead of $249). No discount code needed! The price will be automatically lower on our site.
- Get a single coaching session with one of us! We normally only offer one-off sessions to former clients, but we’ll be opening this option up to everyone for a very limited time (we only have about 10 sessions, and when they’re gone, they’re gone).
We hope it’ll be a simple and super helpful way to rid yourself of some 2021 gunk and gear up for a much better 2022. ☺ Stay tuned for when it’s available in a few weeks!