Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Raise your hand if, when you think of “job searching,” the list of to-dos that come to mind sound something like:
Update resumé, write cover letter, apply, wait, repeat.
What if we told you that LITERALLY NONE of those things are how you get a job in 2022?
If you’re skeptical, you won’t be after hearing our interview with Emily Liou, former recruiter, career coach, and total genius when it comes to helping you find (and get!) your dream job.
Listen in as Emily doles out some seriously great advice, like:
- What’s really happening behind the scenes when you apply for a job you found online,
- How to completely avoid throwing your application into a black hole, never to be seen again,
- How to get people to notice you — and get hired for jobs that previously ignored you, or jobs that don’t even exist,
- What to do if you’re worried about gaps on your resumé, changing industries, or being too young/too old for a job,
- And how you can find a job with WAY less work than you’re used to with traditional job searching.
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how Emily’s wisdom resonated with you!
MORE ABOUT EMILY
Emily Liou is a career happiness coach and job search expert at CultiVitae who helps professionals make wildly successful career transitions—even when they don’t have all the skills, experience, education, or go-to network. As a former recruiter and HR professional for Fortune 500 Companies and Silicon Valley startups, she knows exactly what allows professionals to stand out, get visible, and get hired. Emily strongly believes life is too short to not wake up happy on Mondays and has been featured as LinkedIn’s Top 10 Voices to follow in Career & Job Searching for 2022. As the creator of her ultimate job search course, Happily Hired Formula, Emily not only provides the strategies to make any career transition possible but also coaches them through building a positive self-image to go after their biggest dreams.
Get her free masterclass training: 7 Steps to Make a Wildly Successful Career Transition