Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Most of us are pretty good at certain kinds of commitments: We’ll be true to our partners, loving and supportive parents to all types of children (furry or human), dedicated family members, and diligent coworkers and leaders.
Buuut then we’ll completely drop the ball when it comes to commitments to ourselves.
We get asked a lot, “How can I stay consistent when I commit to something?? It drives me nuts that I say I want to do something, and then can’t make myself keep doing it!”
So, in today’s brand-new Side Chat, we’re diving into an easy adjustment you can make that will help you stay a little truer to yourself. We got into…
- How your efforts to stay consistent are, ironically, probably making it even harder to follow through.
- How to create a “menu of options” for getting things done that allows you more freedom and flexibility without throwing structure out the window.
- A few examples of how we’ve been using this new system, personally and with clients, and the positive results we’re seeing!
And, completely unrelated, we had a 10-minute conversation at the beginning of this episode about an elephant in the room that, after three years of podcasting, we’d never actually talked about.
Leave a comment after you’ve listened to share how this landed with you and what adjustments you might be making to your routine!
JOIN THE CLARITY ON FIRE COMMUNITY!
We’re now on Patreon! And it’s pretty lit in there (don’t come at us for that lingo), if we do say so ourselves. We just published a bonus episode about depression and anxiety, which has kicked off quite the group convo, if that tickles your fancy.
- Join the $3/month tier (The Spark) for access to occasional bonus episodes and other special content. Think of this like our virtual “tip jar.” If you’re not interested in the community aspect, but appreciate our work and want to send a little love our way every month, plus get access to bonus content, this is for you!
- Join the $6/month tier (The Flame) for occasional bonus content and access to monthly patron-only Zoom meetups (hosted by our Community Ambassador, Madison) and quarterly Zoom hangs with Krachel.
For those of you who join “The Flame” tier, mark your calendars! The first community Zoom is happening on Sunday, March 28 at 1pm EST. This inaugural hangout is going to be book-club style! Choose between reading Untamed by Glennon Doyle or The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
Become a patron, here. And then introduce yourself, so you can start making friends with other COF people!