Click the play button below, or subscribe and listen through our podcast on iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Welcome to another episode of Dear Krachel, our monthly advice segment where we answer listener questions about life, career, relationships, existential angst, and anything that helps you become a more whole, fulfilled version of yourself.
This month we answered questions from:
- Unsure Entrepreneur, who started a business last year after dreaming of entrepreneurship for ages … but is now feeling a bit hollow and unfulfilled. They can’t imagine going back to work for someone else, but now this doesn’t feel quite right, either. How can they pinpoint what’s off, and then fix it?
- Sam, a dance teacher with a toxic boss. She desperately wants to quit her job before her contract is up in a few months (and has the panic attacks to prove it), but feels guilty about abandoning her students before the big performance. Should she stick it out, or is it OK to walk away?
- Ashley, who’s in a happy, healthy, loving relationship … but can’t stop thinking about a toxic ex. What’s up when you know it was right to end a relationship, but your brain keeps coming back to the person anyway?
Leave a comment below after you’ve listened to share how our advice for these listeners resonated with you!
Want to submit a question for our April episode of Dear Krachel? Fill out this form and you might hear us tackle your Q!
JOIN THE CLARITY ON FIRE COMMUNITY!
Big news: We’re now on Patreon!
- Join the $3/month tier (The Spark) for access to occasional bonus episodes and other special content. Think of this like our virtual “tip jar.” If you’re not interested in the community aspect, but appreciate our work and want to send a little love our way every month, plus get access to bonus content, this is for you!
- Join the $6/month tier (The Flame) for occasional bonus content and access to monthly patron-only Zoom meetups (hosted by our Community Ambassador, Madison) and quarterly Zoom hangs with Krachel.
For those of you who join “The Flame” tier, mark your calendars! The first community Zoom is happening on Sunday, March 28 at 1pm EST. This inaugural hangout is going to be book-club style! Choose between reading Untamed by Glennon Doyle or The Midnight Library by Matt Haig.
And when you sign up for either tier by next Friday, March 12, we’ll enter you into a drawing! Two lucky patrons will win a free single coaching session with one of us. 🙂
Become a patron, here. And then introduce yourself, so you can start making friends with other COF people!
LISTEN TO THESE EPISODES NEXT
Side Chat: The 4 Passion Profiles (December 2018)
How to work less, live more, and make great money with Katie Mongelli (July 2018)
Side Chat: Does life purpose even exist? (January 2021)
Burn This: Sacrificing your health for a job (May 2020)
Navigating a toxic workplace with Stacy Campesi (February 2021)
Bonus Side Chat: How to create light at the end of the tunnel (February 2021)
Submit your question for a future episode of Dear Krachel
Yes, I totally relate to Sam! I need to let go of a part-time job, I also work with kids and I adore them. My coworkers are also pretty great, and I’m afraid of letting go of the several hundred bucks a month….even though I’m burned out, exhausted, and I need to create space to work on a business (and rest). I’m scared of letting go of the money. I have a “what if it doesn’t work out” fear going on. I even set an end date and wrote a resignation letter but haven’t turned it in. I’m so stubborn and codependent! I could definitely wind up getting sick if I don’t leave. Hugs to Sam, I feel you.
That’s understandable, Cassie! I know that several hundred bucks can be a big deal some months, so it’s natural you’d have that concern. I think if you can actually answer the “OK, what’s the worst-case scenario here?” in a reasonable way, it’s a good sign you’re allowed to take a risk! 🙂